Dr Eleanor Hockley – Wealth of Knowledge Tuition
Terms & Conditions (Effective from 1st September 2019)
Clients are required to provide adequate contact details. This will enable me to communicate with you effectively. I will ask you to provide me with your postal address, e-mail, landline and mobile numbers. I will only use these to contact you with about tuition and I never pass them on to someone else unless you request for me to do so. Records are fully GDPR-regulated and personal details will be deleted two months after your child ceases tuition.
Lessons are booked and paid for in advance monthly. Lesson dates are detailed on the invoice. Term dates are in line with Cheshire East Council, not the independent or grammar schools. Lessons will take place each week during term time unless I have informed you otherwise. Lessons can be arranged outside of terms separately if required. Price rises will take effect on the 1st September each year. Witten notice of the price rise will be made one month in advance. As Dr Eleanor Hockley is self-employed, she will be responsible for her own tax and national insurance.
An invoice will be issued by email each month for upcoming tuition. Payment is due within 7 days of the date of the invoice. The account details are provided on the invoice.
- Cancellation Policy – see also Termination Policy
If I cancel for any reason, then I will deduct the cost of the missed lesson from your next invoice. If you wish to cancel please provide 48 hours’ notice. Lessons cancelled with more than 48 hours’ notice will be refunded as a credit to your next invoice, or if a suitable time can be agreed, rescheduled. Lesson cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice will not be refunded or rescheduled. In the event of frequent or recurrent cancellations, I reserve the right to reallocate the student’s lesson slot. If the student (or a member of your household) is unwell with an infectious disease, or have been kept off/sent home from school due to illness, I will only offer online tuition or a cancellation per the terms above. In the event that a student appears unwell during a lesson, the lesson will be deemed to be cancelled by you with less than 48 hours’ notice.
- Termination Policy
Either party may terminate the lessons at any time and for any reason by giving one month’s notice. Any outstanding balance will be paid to your nominated bank account within one month.
- Time Keeping
Lessons will start promptly at the time of your given slot. It is suggested that students are available a few minutes prior to ensure they can make full use of their allotted time. Lessons will finish 55 minutes after the scheduled start time. If parents wish, a portion of this time may be used to discuss the student’s progress with me. If you wish to speak to me in detail about your child’s progress then a time can be arranged at your convenience. A charge may be made for this.
I reserve the right to immediately cancel or terminate lessons without notice in the event of unacceptable behaviour. Any outstanding balance will be refunded to your nominated bank account within one month.
- Examination Results
I am not liable nor responsible for any examination results. This term supersedes any other statement made by me, explicit or implicit, regarding examination results.
- Special Requests
I reserve the right to charge for any services outside of a standard lesson. Examples include:
- The completion of a forms/questionnaires for educational psychologists/other education professionals.
- Additional reports providing my professional opinion, such as those for EHCP reviews, litigation, etc.
- Attendance at meetings, such as MDT meetings.
Data collected by the Wealth of Knowledge is not shared with any other party without your explicit consent
Your personal data will not be shared unless concerns are raised under child protection where we have a duty of care to a child. In these circumstances, we have a duty of care to pass on the child’s details to the relevant authorities.
Wealth of Knowledge will hold names, emails, phone numbers, payments made, and progress of any tuition that has been undertaken.
We use the information that you have given us in order to provide the tuition service.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this data are:
• Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
• We have a contractual obligation.
Your information is securely stored.
All data is kept for the purposes of contact. Student’s lesson data is held for a period of up to two years following the final lesson unless you specifically request deletion.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
• Your right of access-You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• Your right to rectification-You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure-You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to restriction of processing-You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing-You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability-You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Please complete this form when signing up to tuition to confirm your details and that you have read the T&Cs https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHk5jomXDqfIpOxVqY6MOfrseKDzWq455-nm0Uea40cWXBhQ/viewform